Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ripping Pages Out Of The Books

I read the book of the proudest and most confident black man ever and ripped the epilogue right out.
Right then and there I pasted it behind my cover, oh brother.

So...the very next book I read was from this strong black woman who took care of kids washed loads of clothes, cooked, cleaned and nurtured every baby that passed by her lids

The page she had ...I ripped so I could be up on my shit
and take care of business if my batter were to leak and create mini teek

This one book I read was full of mistakes
The page i ripped outta there always keeps me in my place

A book of a King I once read gave me a dream
so i ripped that page after the first couple of words I'd seen

A Book of X ... the words he spoke were heavy
so i had to rip that page by any means necessary

I almost ripped a chapter out of this book when i read it ...but had to stop and think
The entire script was in small font and red ink

I rip pages to better myself
cause quite frankly alotta times other books are more appealing than myself

A page of music from this book and a page of sports ability from that book
but I'm not the only one who is a between the covers crook

I rip pages and paste them back in such a way
That my books section of the library will be separate

One of the major reasons i have to rip pages out of other books
they been ripping pages outta mine since they learned how to read FUCKING CROOKS!


TO BE CONTINUED.........

CONCERNS OR COMMENTS PLZ

2 comments:

  1. i like this piece..i didnt know where you were goin wit it at first...but it was interesting to see how this would progress...nicely done babe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you made everything so general and the specifics came down to you. . .so many ways to interpret this. at first i didnt understand why you were ripping out all these damn pages. but the thing that sticks out to me most is that "V". . .having a broad spectrum become more narrow, clarifying the individuality and uniqueness of YOU.keep it up =]

    ReplyDelete